Taoism: Pictures and Tables
See also Taoist Alchemy: Pictures
Pictures of Laozi.
| Daode jing
Pictures of the Daode jing (Book of the Way and Its Virtue).
| Three Clarities
Pictures of the Three Clarities (Sanqing), the highest Taoist gods.
| Taiyi (Great One)
The Taoist god who represents the state of Unity.
| Original Breath
An image depicting the Original Breath issued from the Dao.
| Yin-Yang and Eight Trigrams
A chart showing Yin and Yang surrounded by the Eight Trigrams (bagua).
| Chart of the Great Ultimate (Taiji tu)
This well-known chart depicts the cosmological configurations that intervene between the Dao and the "ten thousand things."
| The Red Child
An image of the true self, visualized in meditation.
| Inner Gods
Visualization of the Lords of the thirty-nine gates (hu) of the human body.
| The Five Lingbao Talismans
Pictures from one of the main Lingbao scriptures.
Early representation of immortals as winged beings walking on clouds.
- The five agents (or five phases, wuxing) and their main correlations.
- The five agents (or five phases, wuxing) and their spatial arrangement.
- The eight trigrams and their main associations.
- The eight trigrams and their spatial arrangement in the precelestial and postcelestial configurations.
- The ten celestial stems and their main associations.
- The twelve earthly branches and their main associations.